Wednesday, January 16, 2013

First Marathon

results

results_chevron

The race started off extremely cold, raining, and windy.  It was brutal and probably one of the worse running conditions I’ve ever ran in.  I finished within the 6 hours that was given to all runners for the full marathon so that’s a good thing.  I was really aiming for 5hrs or under but overall I just wanted to finish before they opened the streets up. 

I couldn’t have asked for a better running buddy.  She kept me motivated and going.  Thanks Lil Bit!!!!

IMG954507

I had absolutely the best cheerleaders too!  I wouldn’t have been able to do it all without them cheering me on.  thanks Debbie, Bonny, Londyn, and Lo for running along with us for a few blocks!!!!!!  Thanks Lo for being photographer/papparazzi!  They braved the cold and waited for me to pass up.  My hubby and my dad also cheered us on and followed us from mile 23 til the finish line.  My daddy is such a trooper,  he isn’t a young buck anymore.  He biked along with the hubby and took pictures.  He must have rode 7 miles that day! 

P1133239IMG955277

P1133236P1133252P1133255

P1133274

P1133277P1133275

What an experience.  And maybe in a couple of months after I’ve forgotten how brutal the run was I may want to sign up for it again… We’ll see…

Congrats to all those that ran this weekend!!!!  And I am truly blessed to have so many supporters!

Happy Hump Day Peeps!

4 cool peeps left comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 comments!